Below are selected publications and not a comprehensive list of my publications.
- Shaneyfelt, T. Pyramids are guides not rules: the evolution of the evidence pyramid. Evid Based Med doi:10.1136/ebmed-2016-110498
- Shaneyfelt, T. In guidelines we cannot trust: comment on “Failure of clinical practice guidelines to meet institute of medicine standards”. Archives of internal medicine 172.21 (2012): 1633-1634.
- Shaneyfelt, TM., MF. Mayo-Smith, and J Rothwangl. Are guidelines following guidelines?: The methodological quality of clinical practice guidelines in the peer-reviewed medical literature. Jama 281.20 (1999): 1900-1905.
- Straus, S.E., Green, M.L., Bell, D.S., Badgett, R., Davis, D., Gerrity, M., Ortiz, E., Shaneyfelt, T.M., Whelan, C., Mangrulkar, R. and Society of General Internal Medicine Evidence-Based Medicine Task Force, 2004. Evaluating the teaching of evidence based medicine: conceptual framework. Bmj, 329(7473), pp.1029-1032.
- Shaneyfelt, T., Baum, K.D., Bell, D., Feldstein, D., Houston, T.K., Kaatz, S., Whelan, C. and Green, M., 2006. Instruments for evaluating education in evidence-based practice: a systematic review. Jama, 296(9), pp.1116-1127.